Can you come or could you come?
“Could” is the polite form of “can”—so both are correct, but we use them in different situations. We use “can” when we are telling someone to do something. We use “could” when we are making a request. Teacher to students: “Can you please be quiet!”
What are 3 types of questions?
THREE TYPES OF QUESTIONS: 1. Factual 2. Interpretive 3. Evaluative Page 5 FACTUAL QUESTIONS Page 6 FACTUAL QUESTIONS Everyone will eventually agree on the answer.
What are good random questions?
65 Random Questions to Ask Anyone
- If You Had Three Wishes, What Would You Wish For?
- What Would You Rather Throw Away: Love Or Money?
- What’s The Most Beautiful Place You’ve Ever Seen?
- What Was Your Fondest Memory Of High School?
- What’s Your Favorite TV Show?
- What’s The Strangest Thing In Your Refrigerator?
What are the 2 types of questions?
These are two types of questions you can use that are very different in character and usage….Open questions
- They ask the respondent to think and reflect.
- They will give you opinions and feelings.
- They hand control of the conversation to the respondent.
What are hard questions to ask?
Hard Questions to Ask Yourself, and Even Harder Questions to Answer
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this same day many times before?
- Are you living the life of your dreams?
- What would you do if fear was not a factor and you could not fail?
- What were you doing when you felt most passionate and alive?
What is a good question to ask?
Break the ice and get to know people better by selecting several of these get-to-know-you questions.
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
What are the 5 types of questions?
Factual; Convergent; Divergent; Evaluative; and Combination
- Factual – Soliciting reasonably simple, straight forward answers based on obvious facts or awareness.
- Convergent – Answers to these types of questions are usually within a very finite range of acceptable accuracy.
How do you ask for doubts?
Asking/clearing doubts are the first step towards knowledge. Always remember you are helping yourself by asking the teacher….
- The first rule for clearing your doubts is – not to feel shy.
- Sometimes, students simply ignore their queries due to their carefree approach and hence, do not raise their doubts to teachers.
What is a powerful question?
“Powerful questions are a reflection of committed listening and understanding the other person’s perspective that is confirmed through paraphrasing. Powerful questions are: • Open-ended questions with no hidden agenda.
What is the smart way to ask a question?
When You Ask
- Choose your forum carefully.
- Stack Overflow.
- Web and IRC forums.
- As a second step, use project mailing lists.
- Use meaningful, specific subject headers.
- Make it easy to reply.
- Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language.
- Send questions in accessible, standard formats.
What are the 7 types of questions?
Let’s start with everyday types of questions people ask, and the answers they’re likely to elicit.
- Closed questions (aka the ‘Polar’ question)
- Open questions.
- Probing questions.
- Leading questions.
- Loaded questions.
- Funnel questions.
- Recall and process questions.
- Rhetorical questions.
How do you start a polite question?
Asking Indirect Questions to Be Especially Polite Using indirect question forms is especially polite. Indirect questions request the same information as direct questions, but they are considered more formal. Notice that indirect questions begin with a phrase (“I wonder,” “Do you think,” “Would you mind,” etc.).
What are the 6 types of questions?
Asking Questions: Six Types
- “Who, what, when, where, how …?”
- “Describe …”
What is a historical question?
Historical questions are often complex. They ask things like how, why, or to what extent? Sometimes they ask the about the relationship between two phenomena. To answer such questions, it would be necessary to do research.
What’s a deep question?
Here are 15 of the best deep questions to ask:
- Are you living a meaningful life?
- What’s the one thing you cannot live without?
- When is it acceptable, if ever, to disobey the law?
- What do you want your final words to be?
- What inspires you the most?
- What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things in the world?
What is critical thinking class in college?
Concisely summarized, a “Critical Thinking” class is a 100 or 200 level course designed to help freshman and sophomore students learn key cognitive skills, attention to which will aid their success in all their course work.
Can I ask you one question?
The question properly phrased is: ‘May I ask you a question? ‘ It is the considerate and polite way of asking permission, as asking the question in the first place usually implies it is personal to the degree that might be uncomfortable or intrusive for the person you are asking.